Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Chicken Nuggets

Pin It Now!

One day my younger son asking for chicken nuggets. I was surprise because I never prepare nuggets for him before. After some conversation then I know he ate in school during party time.

I read about chicken nuggets recipe sometimes from fellow blogger friends. After some surfing I find it in Alex (I Love. I Cook. I Bake ) and Peng’s Kitchen blogs. Without any hesitate I get all the ingredients ready and here comes homemade chicken nuggets. My two kids and even their daddy like these nuggets very much! Thanks to them for sharing this great recipe. I definitely will make again.


Adapted and slightly modified from Alex and Peng's Kitchen
Ingredient:
~ Nuggets
500g chicken breast (slice and chopped finely)
1 medium carrot (grated finely)
2 eggs (original use additional 2 egg yolks. That’s why mine turn out pale instead of yellowish)
1 tbsp fried onion (omit)
1 tsp white pepper
1 tsp salt
1 tbsp fish sauce
1/4 tsp chicken stock powder(omit)
2 tbsp cornflour(original use sago flour / tapioca starch)
4 tbsp instant oatmeal(original use breadcrumbs)
5 tbsp mayonnaise
 



~ For coating
2 eggs(slightly beaten)
Some breadcrumbs



Method:
~ Nuggets
1. Lined 8" square pan with baking paper. Lightly coat with oil.
*Bigger pan will get thinner batter. I'm pretty happy with this thickness.

2. Mix all ingredients till well incorporated. Pour the batter into the greased pan. Smooth the surface with spatula.

3. Bring water to boil. Steam on high heat for 15 minutes or till cooked.

4. Let it cool. Cut into shape of your choice with cookies cutter.
(or just cut  small rectangular shape as Alex and Peng Kitchen did.)

5. Dip each piece into beaten eggs, after that roll onto breadcrumbs till evenly coated.

6. Keep inside container and place in freezer for 30 minutes.
* You can store in this stage for future used.

7. Deep fry or pan fry till golden brown. Enjoy!


I'm submitting this post to Muhibbah Malaysian Monday hosted by Suresh.


19 comments:

  1. Vivian Pang is really ‘棒’!很赞的鸡肉块。
    可以为孩子准备了。他们一定会很喜欢。

    ReplyDelete
  2. I saw this recipe in Peng's too.
    BTW, the pictures are beautiful.
    Bought a new camera?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Joceline Lor,
    Thanks. I'm sure your kids will like it!

    Wendy,
    Ya lor..Thanks to my hubby ^o^ New toy to play around.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ohhhh...another beautiful heart shaped treats. Viv, I'm sold. I think that you are a very loving mummy :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very tempting chicken nuggets with wonderful clicks.looks so yummy.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Viv, your chicken nuggets look really yummy.
    My boys love chicken nugget too, will try this for them...:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've never tried to make chicken nuggets before. Look so yummy and I'm going to try this out.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You added oat meal , sound better with a lot of fibre, going to try out soon.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Vivian, thank you for the recipe. May I know do I need to defrost the nuggets after freezing 30 minutes? If I store them for future use, do I need to defrost them before frying also? Thank you.

    Regards
    Yin

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No need to defrost. Just pan fry with low heat till golden brown. I can't see your comment in my crispy skim roast chicken post. So I reply here as well. Regarding picture on holding chicken with mineral bottle, do click the link for crispy skin roast duck post.
      Not forget to join the Giveaway. Good luck!

      Delete
    2. Thanks for your reply, vivian! I just hopped over to the roast chicken and did not see my comment and I have posted again. Since you have answered my question here already, please ignore my comment.

      Delete
    3. Sorry vivian, I just realised that you did not reply my query as to whether I can use drumstick for the roasted chicken instead of the whole chicken. Thanks

      Yin

      Delete
    4. I haven't try. Not sure the result is as crispy as whole chicken or not. Will inform as I'm going to make it again but only with thighs and drums attached.

      Delete
  10. I like your posting so komplit and easy to understand

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hello....Can you tell me how do you steam it...do i need to take a large pot and put water in it....and bring it to boil...than put my greased pan in it....do I need to cover the pot and If i will cover the pot will it not moist the greased pan...its confusing ....pls clarify??????

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I steam with wok. Once the water come to rapid boil, place the batter square pan inside wok. Make sure cover the square pan with cling film(heat proof type) to avoid condensation.

      Delete
  12. I make the same thing, but don’t bake it for anywhere near as long. Ten minutes on one side, turn over, and five on the other. Make sure to spray some veg spray before baking, and when you turn them over. In my experience, the short baking time guarantees that they will be really moist.

    restaurants in south delhi

    ReplyDelete
  13. it was so good to read and very useful to update my skill as updated one.
    Chicken Patty

    ReplyDelete

Thank you by dropping by my blog. I would appreciate if you can leave comments on my posts for friendships.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...