Thursday, May 3, 2012

Mixed Fruits Muffins

Pin It Now!


Time pass really fast especially when you spend with your loves one. Last few days I'm in Penang visiting my dad and mum. At the same time all my sisters and brothers are back. It has been quite sometimes we all not gather around. Therefore we have a lot of things to chat about.
 
This is the 1st time I bring my baby girl back to my hometown. My parents especially my father can't wait to meet his elder daughter baby girl. I'm sure this mean a lot to him as this might bring his memories of the time he is holding me :) He is getting old. Sadly I can't company or visit him often. Wishing both my dad and mum stay healthy always.


Today is a simple muffin recipe. This is another variation of muffins from previous chocolate chips muffins. This time added mixed fruits and raisins. Just like the texture of mixed fruits in every bite.
 

 
Ingredients:
(A)
80g butter
70g margarine
90g castor sugar
 
2 eggs
1 tsp vanilla extract
 


(B)
200g cake flour
1 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp baking soda
Pinch of Salt
80g whipping cream/ milk

60g dried mixed fruit
60g raisins
2 tbs orange juice


Methods:
1. Soak dried mixed fruits and raisins with orange juice (use RUM if you like) for about 10 minutes. Sift together flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt together in a bowl and set aside.
 
2. Cream butter and margarine with the sugar till pale and creamy.
 
3. Add one egg at a time, beat till combined before adding in the flour mixture. Add in vanilla extract.
 
4. Using a spatula, fold in sifted flours in 3 batches alternatively with the whipping cream. Add in the mixed fruits mixture (with the liquid as well) till well combined.
 
5. Scoop the batter into lined muffin cups.
 
6. Bake in the preheated oven at 180C for 20 minutes or when a skewer inserted in the center and comes out clean.


6 comments:

  1. you remind me i have quite a while did not bake any muffin, hehehe..your muffin look so good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with you. Happy times pass really fast...hehe
    Your muffins looks really nice and yummy..^^

    ReplyDelete
  3. looks so delicious and super yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love cupcake most of the time that's why I'm here!-dried mixed fruits-

    ReplyDelete

Thank you by dropping by my blog. I would appreciate if you can leave comments on my posts for friendships.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...